Humoreix: 1st Prize for Caricatures in Lleida’s Eix Comercial - Spain
1. Any artist, amateur or professional, can participate in this competition, as it is a competition which is open internationally.
2. The competition theme is: “International Politicians”.
3. Only one original piece of work will be accepted from each participant. The piece must be original, not have won any prizes in previous competitions or have been published anywhere else. Any pieces which are considered, according to the criteria of the judges, to be similar in any way to other well known artwork will be disqualified immediately.
4. Artwork can be executed using any pictorial technique within a maximum scale of A3 (420 x 297mm) or a scale which is proportional to this. Digitally formatted work will also be accepted. In this case the work must have a resolution of 300 ppi and be presented in JPG or JPGE format.
If any text is present in the work it must be translated into Spanish or Catalan.
5. Artwork must be presented within a sealed envelope together with the details of the participant (name, surname, address, nationality, telephone number, email address, etc) also within a sealed envelope. Work can also be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Eix Comercial), with the participant’s details in another document attached to the same email. It is advisable for artwork that is not digital to be colour photocopied and hand signed. All original artwork will be returned to the artist once the competition has finished.
6. The final admissions date for artwork is 10th September 2008.
7. From 15th September 2008 artwork will be exhibited in the shops that are members of the Association of the Lleida Eix Comercial (Shopping District), and will be duly labelled. Prior to this a panel of specialist judges will be convened, formed by one representative of Humoralia, another from the Shopping District and two professionals who will judge the 150 best entrees, which will be exhibited. These artworks will also be exhibited on the Eix Comercial (Shopping District) Association website. The judges reserve the right to declare the prize null and void if the quality of the originals is insufficient or if there is little or no public interest.
8. The artist is obliged to give up all image copyrights for the artwork presented for its publication and exhibition, both physical and digital, (exclusively for the competition). Once the work has been judged and finalized it will be returned to the artist. The organization pledges not to use images of the winning piece, or any other award winning pieces, without prior permission from the artist. Moreover, the organization will take full responsibility for the originals from the moment they are received until the finalization of the competition. The organization promises to inform the contestants of the reception and acceptance of the participating artwork via email or publication on the Eix website.
9. One prize only of €1,500 will be awarded to the winning entry.
10. The verdict will be decided by public vote over the Internet using the Shopping District’s website. The judges’ decision will not be open to appeal.
11. The verdict will be released during the 3rd and 4th October 2008.
12. Participation in the competition means the acceptance of all terms and conditions. Any doubts or problems that may arise during this time will be dealt with by the organization through a memo to its members.
ENTRY BY POST
Artwork can be executed using any pictorial technique within a maximum scale of A3 (420 x 297mm) or a scale which is proportional to this. Artwork must be sent in a sealed envelope together with the details of the participant (name, surname, address, nationality, telephone number, email address, etc.) email to the following address:
Eix Comercial de Lleida A.A.: Judith González Pl. Paeria, 14, 2º izq. 25007 – Lleida SPAIN
ENTRY BY EMAIL
In this case the work must have a minimum resolution of 300ppi and be presented in JPG or JPGE format. A document with the participant’s details (name, surname, address, nationality, telephone number, email address, etc.) must be attached to the same email; "Concurs de caricatures Hurmoreix" must be typed in the subject box, and the email must be sent to email@example.com