Annual Cartoon Contest – Rules and regulation 2007
All contestants will be admitted with no distinction made regarding nationality or age. There are two categories:
· Youth category up to 15 years inclusive
· Adult category: 16 years and older
The theme is “007, espionage and detectives”.
· Original cartoons in black and white or colour, may bear no captions.
· Dimensions including any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm.
· Works sent rolled and works larger than DIN A4 will not be returned.
· Number of entries per contestant: maximum five.
4. Property rights
Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer or the major sponsors. All works selected may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
5. Catalogue/Cartoon book
Selected works will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue. The authors of these works will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize ceremony or it will be send afterwards by mail.
6. Return mail
Return of the cartoons happens only on explicit request of the participant. In that case the return of the works will take place at organizers’ cost approximately six months after the ‘deadline’. The organizers will endeavour to handle the return forwardings with the utmost care but cannot be held responsible for loss or damages.
The deadline is 23 September 2007.
The entry form and the cartoon(s) must be send to:
Olense Kartoenale, Gemeentehuis, Dorp 1, B-2250 Olen Belgium
For the adult category:
1st prize: 750 euro
2nd prize: 300 euro
3rd prize: 200 euro
4th prize: 150 euro
5th prize: 125 euro
For the youth category:
1st prize: 200 euro
2nd prize: 175 euro
3rd prize: 150 euro
4th prize: 100 euro
Only for Belgian participants: Prize of the province of Antwerp: week-end (youth and adult category)
9. Prize Ceremony and Exhibition
The prize ceremony will take place at Friday 9th of November 2007 at approximately 20.00 h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen. Every participating artist will be welcome on that occasion. A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited:
· Sunday 11th of November 2007
· All working days till 21th of December 2007 during the opening hours of the town hall:
· Monday 09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u
· Tuesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
· Wednesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u
· Thursday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
· Friday 09.00 u – 12.00 u