REGULATIONS 11th George Van Raemdonck cartooncontest 2008.
1. This cartooncontest is open to everybody. The participants are expected to acknowledge the regulations and commit themselves to accept its conditions and clauses as well as the jury's resolutions.
2. THEME: TASTE.
Actions, persons and events must be depict in a humorous and artistic way without text or subtitles. There are no restrictions concerning colour or technique.
3. The drawings must be original and never before have been published or exhibited. There are no restrictions about the number of cartoons.
The drawings must be sent solidly packed, not folded or rolled up, at the expenses of the subscriber, to :
B 2530 Boechout / België
Deadline: August 9, 2008.
The size of the drawings must be 21 x 30 cm (A4). Name, christian name and address must be written on the back of each drawing. Please write ont the package "Sample without Value" to save customs expenses.
1. xxxxxx eur: prize George Van Raemdonck, given by the village council of Boechout.
2. xxxxxx eur: prize of the cultural council of Boechout.
3. xxxxxx eur: prize Zeppo bvba for the best participant -25 year.
4. xxxxxx eur: prize Davidsfonds Boechout-Vremde for the best Flemish participant.
5. xxxxxx eur: prize International Humour in Art vzw.
6. xxxxxx eur: prize of the visitors of the exhibition(s).
.... possible other prizes....
7. By taking part, all participants give the organizers the right to publish the cartoons in newspapers or magazines only for the purpose of promoting the contest. The participants give the organizers permission to show the selected works in a travelling exhibition.
8. The prize exhibits will become the property of the organizers. The selected participants will receive a free catalogue. Only on explicit request will remaining works be returned to the owners at the expenses of the organizers, who can not be held responsible for any loss of or damage to returned works. The organisers will transfer works, of which the sending back is not asked, to the European Cartoon Center in Kruishoutem to be part of its permanent collection.
9. INSURANCE AND SELLING CONDITIONS.
All works are insured during the period of the exhibition(s). The works are insured for the value mentioned on the form of tender, if no value mentioned, the works will be insured at the value of 10 (ten) Euro. Exhibiting works, if wished by the participants, can be sold to interested parties. The selling price is equal to the stated insurance value, minus 20 % administration costs for the organizers. The purchased works can only be obtained at the end of the exhibition(s).
Opening on Friday the 3rd of October 2008 at the village library, Jef Van Hoofplein 20, Boechout, Belgium. The exhibition is open to the public from Saturday October 4 till Saturday November 10, 2008, during the opening hours of the Library.
11. The jury selects the prize-winners and the cartoons for the exhibition.
12. Biographical data, in the possession of the organizers, will be exhibited in the exhibition hall. Add these data, shown on the form of tender, to your entry.
Regulations & entry-form: http://www.iha.be/cms/default2.asp?active_page_id=84