18th RENDON INTERNATIONAL CARTOON FESTIVAL 2011 - COLOMBIA
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists all over the world.
2) The deadline for entries is June 7, 2011.
3) The themes of the competition are Three:
Theme 1. VISUAL ARTS (The visual arts are forms of art expressions found preeminently focused on job creation that are visual by nature as being) Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking, Photography, Installations, Performance, Video and Design.
Theme 2. CHARACTER (Caricature): Artists FERNANDO BOTERO A. – ELADIO VELEZ (see biographies at http://www.cartoonrendon.com/).
And Theme 3. FREE.
4) Each participant can present in the competition a maximum of TWO cartoons for theme.
5) You can participate with cartoons in white and black or in color.
6) The cartoons will have a maximum size of 30 x 40 cms.
7) You can also participate in the competition with cartoons that have already been published or rewarded previously. All the presented cartoons will be original. Photographs, photocopies etc, will not be accepted, and the transport of the cartoons in charge of the participant.
8) Participants are requested to send, together with their cartoons, a short curriculum vitae and a photograph.
9) On the back of each cartoon must be the name, address, phone number and country of origin of the participant.
10) The Cartoonists selected will receive a catalog.
11) The jury is composed of Colombian and foreign cartoonists.
12) The results will be announced in the month of July 2011.
13) The cartoons presented in the competition won't be returned.
14) Filling out the application form and submit it implies that the contestants accept and authorize Cartoonrendon the publication of caricatures or cartoons in print, display and audio playback devices and/or video with all the rights, including the transfer of these rights to others without limitation of time, place and number of times of publication, apart from this Cartoonrendon have the right to display, archive, publish on the internet or other possible means of publications not mentioned here, these cartoons without any limitation whatsoever. With the actual delivery of the request for participation is considered Cartoonrendon delegates these rights.
15) The organizers reserve the right to display works that understands they can threaten individual or collective rights.
16) Participation in the competition implies full and unreserved acceptance of these conditions.
1) Grand Prize Theme VISUAL ARTS 2000 USD
2) Character Theme "Fernando Botero" Prize 500 USD
3) Character Theme "Eladio Velez" Prize 500 USD
4) Free Theme Prize 500 USD
5) Special Prizes offered by various institutions.
ADDRESS: The work should be sent to: 18° FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CARICATURA Fernando Pica, Palacio de la Cultura / Cr 50 # 48 - 05, Rionegro Antioquia COLOMBIA
Download Entry Form: http://www.cartoonrendon.com/
Art For Art’s Sake - Arty stuff, comicsy stuff, so much to run your eyes over… “While Harpo Marx Offered a Golf Lesson with Umbrella and Matzoth Ball, Other Round Table Diner...
3 hours ago