Hace algunas semanas Irancartoon nos alertaba y denunciaba en su website sobre concursos poco creíbles refiriéndose específicamente a “The first sun shine International Cartoon contest -- 2010 Japan”, todo indicaba que se trataba de un concurso fraudulento, pirata y que ellos mismos promovieron en su website .
Aproximadamente 1 año atrás sucedió lo mismo con el concurso "First Ethiopia cartoon contest 2009", denunciado posteriormente por el colega Ares y también promovido por importantes sitios de humor del mundo resultando también ser un fraude.
En las últimas semanas he estado recibiendo e-mails de colegas preguntando por otro supuesto concurso y que en esta ocasión aparecía mi nombre como miembro del jurado, se trata de “The First blue sky international cartoon contest/ 2010/ Spain”.
Realmente a principios de año recibí un breve correo que decía que había sido seleccionado como miembro del jurado de dicho concurso, junto a otro grupo de conocidos colegas, inmediatamente respondí pidiendo más información sobre el certamen y datos sobre el trabajo que realizaría, pero no recibí respuesta alguna. Las fechas anunciadas por el mismo vencieron y otros colegas del supuesto jurado están en la misma situación de incomunicación. Obviamente se trata de otro concurso pirata que logra colocarse y arrebatarnos nuestro tiempo y nuestros dibujos, son varios los métodos usados como: ofrecer jugosos premios, tratar de colocar sus convocatorias en sitios de humor reconocidos y serios, mandar algún correo a los “jurados” para aparentar ser formales y ganar tiempo, usar nombres de cartonistas conocidos como miembros del jurado para ganar credibilidad, etc.
Nunca habíamos tenido casos de este tipo y confiábamos y hacíamos eco en nuestros espacios de todas las convocatorias que recibíamos con el afán de que los demás colegas las conocieran y pudieran participar.
Nosotros como dibujantes al verlas anunciadas en esos sitios conocidos ya dábamos por hecho que el evento era serio… vemos que ya no es así.
Convoco a todos los sitios de humor del mundo a implementar filtros, controles, verificación y sólo promover los concursos que estemos seguros que son serios y así poder seguir confiando en lo que aparece en sus páginas.
En esta website estaré atento en todo lo que publico para que pueda seguir confiando en ella.
Los invito a participar en el debate sobre este y otros temas que estamos promoviendo en el Blog de la Caricatura Latina CARTONBLOG.
(The following translation by Google)
A few weeks ago and denounced Irancartoon alerted us in his website about contests implausible referring specifically to "The First International Cartoon sun shine contest - 2010 Japan", it appeared that this was a fraudulent contest, pirate and promoted themselves as website.
About 1 year ago the same happened with the contest "First Ethiopia cartoon contest 2009", reported later by colleague Ares and promoted by major world humor sites also proving to be a fraud.
In recent weeks I've been getting e-mails from colleagues asking for another course competition and this time my name appeared as a juror, it is "The First blue sky international cartoon contest / 2010 / Spain."
Indeed earlier this year received a brief email stating that he had been selected as a juror of the competition, along with another group of trusted colleagues, immediately replied asking for more information on the event and information on the work to be carried out, but received no response. Dates announced for the same beat and other colleagues of course are in the same jury incommunicado. Obviously this is another pirate competition is in place and take away our time and drawings, various methods used such as: offering hefty rewards, try to place their calls at sites recognized and serious mood, send a mail to the "jury" to appear to be formal and save time, use names of cartoonists known as members of the jury to gain credibility, etc.
We have never had such cases and were confident and did echo in our spaces all the calls we received with the concern that other well-known and colleagues to participate.
We as artists by seeing them advertised on those sites already known we took for granted that the event was serious ... we see that it is not.
I call upon all the world humor sites to implement filters, controls, testing and only promote the competitions we are sure they are serious and thus be able to rely upon what appears on their pages.
On this website I will be careful in everything we publish so you can continue to rely on it.
I invite you to participate in the discussion on this and other issues that we are promoting the Cartoon Blog of America CARTONBLOG.
Call for Entries
The First International Cartoon Exhibition - Sofia 2010 is calling for entries. The selected works will be shown in Sofia - Bulgaria, in Oktober 2010.
THEME: What City?!...
The city we can’t do without.This is a comprehensive theme: We can’t do without all the stress, rubbish, confusion, traffic jams, chaos, dirt, excessive construction, alienation, aggression, severe stratification, throngs of people, noise, and a feeling of loneliness in the midst of crowds; without disease (there is the so called asphalt coefficient for allergies – city dwellers are much more frequently afflicted by it), lack of enough physical exercise, degradation of humanness to the level of commodity, deficiency of water and heating and services and energy in general; to cut it short, without all that apocalypse that for the time being seems to be far away but could become reality even in foreseeable future.
Here. The place we live in. In the city we can’t do without.
The First International Cartoon Exhibition would like to call for an entry of cartoon art works - will be shown in the open air on the bridge behind the National Palace of Culture, and the originals will be exhibited at the Sofia City Gallery in Oktober 2010.
More information and rules are available on the official website of the contest: http://www.whatcity.eu/
Webpage : http://www.whatcity.eu/
Email : email@example.com
Sofia - Bulgaria
With Best Regards,
Doyen of the Macedonian caricature, the animated film, illustrations and a promoter of Macedonian culture in the world, Delcho Mihajlov, after severe illness died yesterday in Skopje, in the 63rd year of life. He was for many years a constant contributor to Dnevnik.
Mihajlov was born on 27 November 1947 in Skopje, where he graduated from the Faculty of Architecture in 1974. The first cartoon as one of the most specific artistic genres, published at the age of 14, and from 1963 began to regularly publish cartoons in the country and abroad. Since 1970 regularly participated in many competitions, exhibitions and festivals worldwide and won many awards. Participated in more than 220 group exhibitions and had a dozen solo. He has exhibited in Paris, Montreal, Tokyo, Rome, Rio de Janeiro, Frankfurt, Tehran, Ottawa, Seoul, etc. Mihajlov is the author of several books and cartoons. In 1977 he created his first animated film as a complete artist, and we have six animated cartoons produced for "Vardar Film", which are shown officially in many competitions as well as on many TV stations in the world.
From 1995 to 2000 he was director of the International Cinematographers Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" in Bitola. He won the top award of "October 11" of the Republic of Macedonia for 30 years work in the field of cartoons(1994) and the award of "November 13" of the City of Skopje (1982) and last year of Centar Phoenix. An exhibition of cartoons entitled "Balkan Ante Portas", which in November last year opened in Brussels was one of his last initiatives of over 100 cartoons from 40 authors to show the thinking of artists on joining the EU and NATO (See http://caricaturque.blogspot.com/2010/03/ante-portas-cartoon-project-book-from.html).
(17.07.2010) (Translation by Google)
"Something Different - 40 years of creativity" (2003) by Delcho Mihajlov.
Let him glory! (Jordan Pop Iliev).
Delcho Mihajlov was one of the great friends of Turkish cartoonists. He was in Istanbul twice as the member of the Grand Jury for the International Nasreddin Hodja Cartoon Contest in 2002 & 2009. We shall miss his friendship a lot. (Kemal Ozyurt).
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world
2) Theme: MODERN ART
Sections: A) Graphics/Cartoon, B) Satire, C) Caricature.
Beginning this year, there will also be instituted a special Section dedicated to Osvaldo Cavandoli - in art "Cava" - creator of the famous character "La Linea".
It's possible to participate in all the sections.
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry-form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back.
The author have to indicate the section for each work/s.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free. Common graphic and digital prints will be accepted but only if signed by the author. Copies of ink and pencil drawings are not applicable. The works sent in digital form, by email or informatic devices, will not be considered for the awarding of prizes of Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni"; the works will be taken into consideration only for the exhibition and for the catalogue.
All the works, included works sent in digital form, will be taken into consideration only for the "Cava" Prize.
6) Deadline: September 27, 2010 (the post-mark will provide the proof)
7) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best work
1st Prize / Special Prize of Jury / 5 Special Mentions for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature)
"Cava" Prize for the best work that combines humoristic beauty with the essentiality of graphic execution.
8) Exhibition: October 17 - 24, 2010 at the "MAGA" Museum Art Gallarate.
Opening ceremony: October 17, 2010 at 11,00 AM
9) Catalogue: each selected author will receive a copy
10) Property: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. All the works will not be returned and will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10,
21013 Gallarate (VA) ITALY
Click and download the Entry-form (doc format)
For further informations:
I Prize: Pawel Kuczynski - Poland
II Prize: Dusan Polakovic - Slovakia
III Prize: Andrzej Krawczak - Poland
Mention I: Maciej Olender - Poland
Mention II: Valentin Georgiev - Bulgaria
Mention III: Grzegorz Sobczak - Poland
Mention IV: Jacek Frackiewicz - Poland
Mention V: Pavel Constantin - Romania.
Call to participate in "The Show of Graphical Humor by the Memory, the Truth, and the Justice" in Argentina
We summon all the cartoonists to join "The Show of Graphical Humor by the Memory, the Truth, and the Justice" that was recently declared of interest by the Honorable House of Representatives of the Argentine Nation.
The subject of the works must help to consolidate the collective memory of the society in order to generate feelings opposed to all kinds of authoritarianism, and to support the permanent emplacements of the State of Right and the total use of the Human Rights.
"The show is a way to incorporate the young generations, from an unusual flank, in the knowledge of a pathetic time that we do not have to forget, and in that sense we undestand that this Board must emphasize the initiatives of this nature of social, cultural, and political projection, encouraging to go on exposing in different places in Argentina in order to contribute the values included in the convocation: Memory, Trust and Justice, basic bricks for the construction of a different Argentina" (Projection of Resolution, House of Representatives - Number of File 3364-D-2010).
The works can be sent in JPG format, A3 size (29.7 x 42.0 cm), and to a minimum of 300 pp until July 31, 2010 to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com enclosing:
- Pen name
- Country or province of origin
- Web page, blog, or email to contact the artist.
The deadline for reception responds to the necessity to make a catalogue with all the participants´ works.
It is possible to say that this show does not aim to any profit, that it will be itinerant, and its objective is to be visited in all the latitudes of the country.
In www.humormemoria.blogspot.com everybody can see some pictures and journalistic reviews that have been already made, and meet the participants who are exposing.
Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Seba Ozdoba, Show Co-ordinator.
z posiedzenia Jury Otwartego Międzynarodowego Konkursu Na Rysunek Satyryczny – temat: „MUZEUM”
zorganizowanego przez Lubuskie Stowarzyszenie Miłośników Działań Kulturalnych „DEBIUT” w Zielonej Górze
pod Honorowym Patronatem Marszałka Województwa Lubuskiego oraz Prezydenta Miasta Zielona Góra
Na posiedzeniu w dniu 3 lipca 2010r., jury Otwartego Międzynarodowego Konkursu na Rysunek Satyryczny – temat: MUZEUM, w składzie:
Grzegorz Szumowski (Polska) – rysownik, karykaturzysta
Ryszard Błażyński (Polska) – Stowarzyszenie DEBIUT, dyrektor Konkursu
Konstantin Kazanchev (Ukraina) – rysownik, prezydent ukraińskiego Stowarzyszenia Karykaturzystów
Bretislav Kovarik (Czechy) – rysownik, przewodniczący Czeskiej Unii Karykaturzystów
Igor Myszkiewicz (Polska) – rysownik, grafik
Krzysztof Rutkowski (Polska) – rysownik, satyryk, dziennikarz Radia Zachód
Szczepan Sadurski (Polska} – rysownik, dziennikarz. Szef Wydawnictwa Humoru i Satyry Superpress, przewodniczący Partii Dobrego Humoru
Alicja Błażyńska – Kierownik Galerii „Krzywe Zwierciadło”
zapoznało się z 700 pracami 308 autorów (z 51 państw), nadesłanych na konkurs i dokonało wyboru 153 prac 147 autorów – do wystawy pokonkursowej. Do nagród regulaminowych nominowano 35 prac 33 autorów. Do ścisłego finału zakwalifikowano 7 prac – 7 autorów.
Po głosowaniu w trybie tajnym, jury postanowiło przyznać:
GRAND PRIX - Jerzy Głuszek (Polska)
I NAGRODA - Zbigniew Jujka (Polska)
II NAGRODA - Grigori Katz (Izrael)
III NAGRODA - Michaił Ignat (Rumunia)
Na tym protokół zakończono i podpisano.
Grzegorz Szumowski............. Igor Myszkiewicz...................
Ryszard Błażyński................. KrzysztofRutkowski …….........
Bretislav Kovarik............. .....Alicja Błażyńska.....................
Interregional public organization for assistance and protection of human rights “Spravedlivost” and editorial staff of the portal “S-pravdoy.ru” invite you to the International cartoon contest on the subject “Uniformal corruption”.
We suggest you to express your attitude to corrupt policemen and prosecutors, bribe takers judges and customs officers and others public officers, who parasitize at the expense of government. We focus our attention on those who tainted the honour of regiment, uniform and gown for their own benefit. Those who earn their living taking kickbacks, who turn supervised branches into the family business.
PROVISIONS FOR THE CONTEST “UNIFORMAL CORRUPTION”
1. The competition is open to all interested, professionals or amateurs without any age limit.
2. Cartoons number unlimited, free technique.
3. A4 size at 300 dpi in JPEG or the printed copy with “wet signature” of the author.
4. It doesn’t matter if works were awarded, exhibited or published before.
5. On the reverse side you must specify your name and surname, postal address and e-mail.
6. Postal address - 127006, Moscow, st. Dolgorukovskaya, d. 38, str. 2., The office of the "Kollegiya advokatov "Zakon i Chelovek", Russia
Please mark the envelope: "MOO "Justice" contest".
7. E-mail box: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
The work is considered to be accepted after receiving corresponding notification by organizers.
8. Deadline for receipt of works - 1 August 2010.
1st place – 30 000 Russian rubles
2nd place - 15 000 Russian rubles
3rd place – 10 000 Russian rubles
- Audience Award (from 100 best chosen works) by Internet voting
- 10 Diplomas of Honour
The President of Jury – Mikhail Zlatokovskii, a member of the Artist and Journalist’s Union of USSR and Russian Federation, a member of the French Academy of humoristic arts, the Academy of Authorities (Saint-Petersburg) and the International Academy of Pedagogy, winner of multiple international cartoon contests, Knight of the National Order of the Legion of Honour.
- Sergey Tunin, an artist-cartoonist, winner of scores international cartoon contests. Among awards – “Gold Aesop” in Bulgaria, “Gold Date” and “Gold Andrey” in Italy, “Gold Ostap” in St-Petersburg.
- Andrey Stolbunov, a lawyer, Chairman of Board of Directors of IPO «Spravedlivost»
- Dmitriy Baranovskiy, first deputy Director General of OJSC «RATEP». Deputy Chairman of IPO «Spravedlivost»
11. As a result will be chosen 100 best works that will participate in the exhibition in Moscow and will be included in the catalogue.
12. The participation in the contest means the agreement of the author with all conditions including an agreement on gratuitous publishing of works in any form.
13. Sent works will not be returned to the authors.
Sources: cartoonblues ; http://en.s-pravdoy.ru/ .
LA CIUDAD DE LAS IDEAS 2010 - MEXICO
1. Any artist (professional or not) from around the world can participate, as long as he or she is over 18 years of age.
2. Submissions must be completely original and unedited. They must not be participating in a similar contest or event simultaneously.
3. The question to develop is: If you came from another planet, what would you ask Humanity?
The contest attempts to discover what you would answer to this question with a caricature/cartoon, you can add short texts to the artwork and they must be written in Spanish or English. You must represent the question very clear, either by implying within the artwork or as the title thereof.
* The organization is within rights to cancel submissions that prove offensive.
4. Contestants can submit up to 3 works (authors who submit more than 3 will be disqualified).
5. Any technique is accepted (digital or hand made, color or black and white).
6. Works should not be bigger than 21 cm x 29 cm or in proportional size, with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi.
7. Contestants will add a document where the following will be specified:
Full author name and pseudonym - Author picture or caricature - Address - Telephone Number - Email - Nationality - Title of each submission - Is it the first time you participate? - Brief biography (Curriculum).
8. Contestants will sign a certificate, which will be sent in a sealed envelope, or in case of being sent by email, signature must be scanned.
I, (author name), certify being the author of: If you came from another planet, what would you ask Humanity? Which I submit to the La Ciudad de las Ideas Contest. I, (author name), accept the contest rules by the mere fact of having submitted this work, and its use for any pertinent means by Poder Cívico A.C.
9. Works and envelopes with author data will be sent to the following address:
2nd International Caricature/Cartoon Contest
Reforma 222,Piso 12 Col. Juárez,
C.P. 06600 México D.F.
Email submissions at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Selected works will be shown in the city of Puebla, Mexico on November 11, 12 and 13 2010, and will be posted on the blog created towards this goal: http://cartonist-ciudaddelasideas.blogspot.com/ / and at the official La Ciudad de las Ideas webpagehttp://www.ciudaddelasideas.com/.
11. Contest is valid from May 17th till September 10th, 2010. Works submitted by email must be within these dates in their registry.
12. Contest results will be made known at http://www.ciudaddelasideas.com/ . Winners will be notified by email. Ignore any information emails if they are not within the @ciudaddelasideas.com or @podercivico.org.mx .
13. The jury will be selected by Poder Cívico and will be qualified to solve any situation related with the contest that doesn’t meet the requirements. The award will be declared null if the jury decides that none of the works submitted meet quality standards, which will be unappealable. Jury members will be kept secret until results are published.
14. Submissions that do not win will be able to get picked up at the Poder Cívico offices three months after results are published, works that are not picked up will be made available by Martha Barragán Méndez for any return that could be required after the date established by Poder Cívico.
First Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
Second Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
Third Place: A full expenses paid trip to the city of Puebla, Mexico, to attend the La Ciudad de las Ideas Festival and a diploma.
Two Honorable Mentions: Each will be awarded a diploma that will be sent a few days after the festival.
Note: Awards will not be able to be made in cash, nor be transferable to anyone else.
"World Cup 2010, South Africa, football, fiesta, spectacle, agony, hope, anticipation, a popular sport, the million-earning football stars, nationalism, racism, hooliganism, the great interests, the commercialization, the multinational companies, the role of the referees, the first World Cup for the poorest Continent, the TV, a man's world, the universality of the game, a return to childhood, a woman's discomfort to a man's obsession, the monetary crisis...multiple thoughts, in parallel ways...
On the other hand, caricature. The art of cartooning, the mediated criticism, the sight into our everyday life and its malfunctions, satire and self sarcasm, all given through the artistic view of the people of a unique area, such as the Balkan Peninsula, that has always loved, and still does, both football and humor", writes Mr Stavros Kontos, the Mayor of Nea Philadelphia, in his introduction to the catalog.
The catalog of size 16x23 cm contains color and b/w cartoons of 70 artists from the following Balkan countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey. Most of the cartoonists have contributed with more than one cartoons and they are all included in this catalog of 96 pages.
Many thanks to the organisers for publishing and sending to the participants this humorous book in a year of financial crisis.
Participants from Turkey:
Burhanettin Ardagil, Muhammet Bakır, Erdoğan Başol, Nuri Bilgin, Kenan Böğürcü, Ferhat Demirbaş, Halis Dokgöz, Faruk İnan, Ayten Köse, Önder Önerbay, Kemal Özyurt, Serdar Sayar, Nevzat Varhan, Kamil Yavuz, Mustafa Yıldız.
Ruhi Su, says about KOROGLU who is an Anatolian legendary hero: "He is a brave person and a legendary hero who rebels against atrocious people and advise not to touch to the old and poor people, to contend with the covetous-rich people, to care about aggrieved ones and their difficulties.", in his album, named "Poets & Folksongs” (in Turkish). As do Ruhi Su, my brother, Mehmet KOROGLU, spent his whole life as a revolutionist and artist with respect to labor, too. In the first year of his decease, we want to remember/commemorate him with his friends, in Iskenderun. In this context; we will organize an exhibition which his and his friends' works take space in it.
Aim: To make a fine excuse and a cause to create something which give meaning to our lives for the people who make the labor valuable.
1- The works which will be take space in the exhibition;
Mehmet Koroglu portraits and his artist friends' cartoons, pictures, diagrams... which are made by all techniques and types.
2- All participant works will be put in a CD and it will be sent to each participant.
3- Five (5) trees will be planted and a planting certificate will be sent to each participant.
4- The works should be in digital media, as A4 sized, 300 dpi resolution.
5- The works must be sent to the following adress: email@example.com
6- Deadline: 15 July 2010
Thanks in advance for all participants.
Please visit: http://www.muhittinkoroglu.com/koroglu_sergi_2.asp
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.muhittinkoroglu.com/